• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Skin Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

diacetylus2

Bluelighter
itchiness

Can any body help me with my itchiness problem? I have been diagnosed with CLL a form of leukemia.I have found that when I go out in the sun I become very itchy under the skin(like a burning prickly heat)and I can not cope with too hot a shower, ducted heating and etc. The doctor that I saw yesterday said it was because of my condition and there was nothing he could give me to help the itchiness.Does any one know of a natural way to help with this unbearable burning itch under the skin? I am desperate

I used to get the same feeling..i thought maybe i just needed to sweat or something. I also thought it was because of the bar soap i was using..like the brand, dial soap..because it leaves a residue on the skin for a long time and has chemicals in it.

I now use Dr. Bronner's magic soap..the Tea tree one..and i don't have that feeling anymore.
I also stopped using lotions and now just use oils like coconut, avocado, sesame

How to stop picking scabs?

I keep picking the scabs on my scalp and I can't fucking stop! :X
I used to love picking the scabs on my face and arms, but those are visible and don't look good.
So, in effort to hide my scab-picking obsession, I relocated the region of my scab-picking to my scalp (where my scabs can be safely hidden under a blanket of hair) and on my back/shoulders.
Some of the scabs on my shoulders have actually turned into open sores (not infected tho, thankfully) and I can't see the ones on my head, but I have asked other people to check for me and it usually provoked the response "Its all red!" :!

I am really scared about developing bald spots on my head where the scabs used to be! I have tried to stop, but can't. It is completely subconcious now. I have tried to wear a hat, but my fingers always manage to subconciously slip up underneath the hat and start picking, plus the hat really fucking itches and I can't wear it everywhere!
The next step I guess is to go to a dermatologist? But what is he going to do other than yell at me and whip me into not picking, and then charge me money for it no less.

This is getting BAD. My friend, an ex-scab picker (there is a whole scab picking sub-culture btw) has huge ugly "bumps" or raised areas of skin where his scabs used to be. They are nasty to look it, they look like tumors, or those bugs in the Mummy movies that go under your skin. My healed scabs haven't turned into this (thank god), they are just dark spots where they used to be. But, I'm scared that if a particular scab gets too bad, it will turn into a "raised bump" like my friend has.

The little patch of skin that shows on the back of most people's hair is feeling like it has gotten significantly larger (or this might just be psychosomatic).
You trichotillomaniacs (hair puller-outters) think you have it bad? Just because you look like a monk at a monastery with a giant circular "halo" of hair (If you are going to pull your hair out, why not make a cool design like a crop circle or something?!)
Us scalp-specific dermatillomaniacs have to deal with not only the semi-stylish "ring of hair", but even possible DEATH from infection, and some of us even end up being mistaken as cancer patients because we appear to have tumors under our skin.

HALP! But seriously, all seemingly witty humor aside, I need help, seriously. <3

Last edited:
I wish that all my scabs could stay baby-scabs forever, so young and fresh, sometimes you even get to peel them off (if you quietly listen, you can even her the crispiness of the dead skin being ripped off), oh god they are so cute!
But they always end up growing older, and what used to be a happy little scab turns into a rebellious crusty infected scab, which when you try to pick all they do is bleed and burn. Next thing you know, they are sneaking off in the middle of the night, bringing their boyfriends over (who has so many piercings his face look like it fell in a tackle box), and telling you they're pregnant.
You realize that she is never actually going to take care of her soon-to-be kid, and that she is going to make you always take care of it, but because you secretely miss that feeling of having a baby scab to pick, you tell her that you will support her when she has the kid.

Last edited:
Everyone remember their first scab? You start to swell up a pimple/zit and you think "Oh no! This can't be happening! I thought I wore protection (skin cream)!" And you panic at the thought "If this pimple comes out black, then I'm really going to be in deep shit!" It gets so big you think its going to burst, and it does! It looks so gross when it first comes out, all gooey and ugly and bloody, but for some reason you love that little guy (or girl), and you don't know why. It just feels like a part of you. You almost just want to save it in a little plastic ziploc baggy, and add it to a collection of all your other burst pimples. Everyone told you to "get it taken care of" and pop it while you had the chance, but now you can't imagine life without it! And when that burst pimple ended up turning into a teenage scab, you still took it everywhere with you (maybe even rolling it around in your fingers, oblivious to the fact that other people are looking at you and you look like a dipshit). People were telling you to "Let it go, man! That's gross you've been holding onto it for too long!" "You NEED to stop carrying it around with you, other people think its weird!" but that little scab wouldn't last out on its own, you can't let it go.

Last edited:
wear thimbles on all your fingers

if it comes down to it, that's not going to be a bad idea. Having to wear something over my hands like gloves or something and looking like an asshole for 2 weeks until I reverse the habit is better than going bald in patches all over my head.

why do u have so many scabs?

Well, the usual way is a popped zit scabbing over.
But, most scab-pickers just feel around for any normal imperfections of the skin (ingrown hairs, dead skin thats built up, goosebumps, other skin anomalies) and then start to scrape away at it with their fingernails, or sometimes even rubbing over the same area over and over again with your fingertips which will pick up any skin debris that was exposed out of the epidermis (this is also fun to collect dead skin by doing, which is often sticky and shapeable which you can roll into balls and save up and use as play-doh).

These techniques are particularily effective in hairy areas of the body, as the prescence of hair increases the likelihood of a soon-to-be scab. The skin on your back and shoulders is good too, it has a specific texture which is good soil for farming scabs. However be warned, as the skin on your back is thicker, and it is hard to pinch together when trying to pop a zit.

Umm…pni.spoololife.nfowhat Im about to type is probably not what you want to hear but an old business partner and another software engineer I know were inveterate scab-pickers. I man, you could barely see the evidence, but you could see it if you knew them well as I did. Well, wouldn't you know, they've both been extraordinarily successful. The engineer is set for life and more. So maybe, you know, go with it.

I recognize that it's a horrible problem. But everyone's got their OCD vices. Better scabs than daily dope prolly.

In fact, re-reading your posts. I would imagine that if you got into dope, you'd be a big one for the needle. So maybe count your blessings.

One time I came across a "Trich and Dermotillomania Anonymous" by accident.
There was a bunch of bald to semi-bald dudes sitting in a circle, reciting prayers in unison. I thought I had stumbled upon a fucking cult or some shit that was in the middle of a secret cult meeting, I assumed their varying levels of baldness signified their cult-rankings (that, and the fact that nobody said their last name).
I just feel too weird about talking about my problems to other people in person, hence why I came here.

By the way, you know how sometimes drug dealers will sell right outside of Narc Anon meetings? When I left the TDA meeting, there was some shady looking guy trying to sell me a "Back-scratcher" to get those "hard-to-reach scabs". It really just seemed like a long wooden fork, though. Its almost like he broke into emeril lagasse's house and jacked all his cooking shit and was trying to pass it off as "back-scratchers". He was also trying to sell "extra greasy crisco (uncut, straight out of mexico)" to make self-induced zits, and for the Trichs he was trying to sell tweezers which he claimed "were better than corporate imitations which sell for nearly 5 times the value". I told him no thank you, and he gave me all this bullshit about his "starving children" and when I didn't buy that he said that he was an undercover cop trying to bust picker addicts and that he'd need to see some ID.
I didn't know whether he was trying to be funny, but I played along and when I tried to show him my ID he just grabbed my wallet and took off running.
Come to think of it, he probably just shoplifted a bunch of shit from a flea market and tried to sell it.

Hahah wow, you really like those scabs spunkster. I have a really bad case of psoriasis, so my scab is always giving me hell. I jsut use a T-gel shampoo to try to control it. I have no self-control when it comes to itchin either.

it is now hour 3 with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO while tweaked out, I think I'll reply to my thread
<additional drug-addict cliche with a scab picking twist that attempts to be humorous>

OH I guess I missed that part. I've never experienced that type of scab so I can't relate. Haha I should have figured it out though by the multiple long-winded posts! :)

Yeah but I seriously have dermatillomania, and I do constantly pick at the scabs, I just think think it is a dumb topic to take seriously when other people on this forum are talking about drug addiction and cancer and failed dreams and other associated serious/depressing stuff

And of course I'm also on a little bit of amphetamine, so my post which could have been a mere 2 sentences long ended up becoming a 12 page essay (which I forgot to make an MLA format bibliography for it and failed anyways)

Do you do meth? I mean, the zit picking leading to scab picking thing is super intense. Maybe go on antidepressants or something? They use some of 'em (with some success) for OCD.

(by the way, this is the ickiest thread I've read in a LONG while. Congrats! But seriously, good luck.)

By the way, you know how sometimes drug dealers will sell right outside of Narc Anon meetings? When I left the TDA meeting, there was some shady looking guy trying to sell me a "Back-scratcher" to get those "hard-to-reach scabs". It really just seemed like a long wooden fork, though. Its almost like he broke into emeril lagasse's house and jacked all his cooking shit and was trying to pass it off as "back-scratchers". He was also trying to sell "extra greasy crisco (uncut, straight out of mexico)" to make self-induced zits, and for the Trichs he was trying to sell tweezers which he claimed "were better than corporate imitations which sell for nearly 5 times the value". I told him no thank you, and he gave me all this bullshit about his "starving children" and when I didn't buy that he said that he was an undercover cop trying to bust picker addicts and that he'd need to see some ID.
I didn't know whether he was trying to be funny, but I played along and when I tried to show him my ID he just grabbed my wallet and took off running.
Come to think of it, he probably just shoplifted a bunch of shit from a flea market and tried to sell it.

=D lolz

thank god you confirmed my assumption that you were tweaked out while posting, otherwise i would've thought you were a bit...off! i got into picking 1.5 years ago when i piled blow onto my daily amphetamine & suboxone routine, the combo makes for one helluva face-picking session, turning non-existant molehills into fucking swelled-up bleeding mountains, zoning out up to 2 hours at a time not realizing i'd just made a bloody mess of my face, 1000x worse than it would've been if i'd left it alone... had to buy Neosporin by the gallon...

anyway, i don't know how you can stop, but if you find something that works i'd like to know... i've gotten much better as of late because i stopped doing blow, but still pick on a lesser scale every few days and want to stop completely.

Do you do meth? I mean, the zit picking leading to scab picking thing is super intense. Maybe go on antidepressants or something? They use some of 'em (with some success) for OCD.

(by the way, this is the ickiest thread I've read in a LONG while. Congrats! But seriously, good luck.)

i am prescribed amphetamine

I have also found a new pleasure that ties in with my scab picking.
All this scab picking on my scalp has left a thick crusty layer of dandruff on my scalp.
I now enjoy scratching my fingers through my hair to break loose all that flaky crusty dandruff (sometimes the chunks can seem as big as corn flakes) and I do this while keeping my head over a black cloth/t shirt so i can see all that juicy dandruff collect like snow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.